This training raises employees’ awareness of the hazards of handling goods at work and helps employers meet their legal obligation to protect their staff from harm.
After completing this course employees should understand the:
- Reasons why they need to know how to move and handle objects correctly
- Key legislation relating to manual handling and the responsibilities these place on the employer
- Basic theory of how the human spine works, common injuries and how to avoid them
- Key factors to take into account before moving or lifting a load
The legal workplace training requirements covered in this course include:
- The spine
- Moving and handling objects safely
Approximately 2 hours. However, the learning is self-paced so the course can be completed at your convenience and your progress will be recorded throughout.
This training is designed for employees who need to lift objects as part of their job.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
This course content has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Once you have successfully completed your course you can download and print your Virtual College certificate.