This module will help you follow the appropriate rules and standards when conducting a professional grievance or disciplinary interview. Learn how to distinguish between a disciplinary and a grievance, respond appropriately to employees’ feedback and appreciate their rights.
After completing this course you should:
- Recognise the differences between a grievance procedure and a disciplinary procedure
- Understand how to investigate a disciplinary
- Be able to conduct a disciplinary interview
- Determine different degrees of discipline
- Appreciate individual rights and the need for appeals
- Recognise the importance of note-taking and record keeping
- Know the appropriate response to a grievance
This course covers:
- Welcome and learning objectives
- Discipline procedure
- Right to be accompanied
- Disciplinary measures
- Grievance procedure
Approximately 1–2 hours but this online learning is self-paced so you can proceed at a speed that works for you.
This course is for managers who may have to discipline staff or raise a grievance.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
The content of this Virtual College course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
When you have successfully completed your course online, you will be able to download your certificate.